CERTIFIED LIFE COACH for individuals and couples ~ private practice since 2003 (Stillwater/St Paul)
PROFESSIONAL OFFICIANT ~ 5 STAR RATING on the KNOT and Wedding Wire (since 2012)
Quality of Service 5.0/5.0
My intention is to create a ceremony experience which you and your guests will want to remember long after your Wedding Day is over!
THE DISCOVERY AND PLANNING PROCESS is fun and valuable to your relationship. By your wedding day, our time spent collaborating guarantees we will create together something wonderful!
“Kjersti, thank you for making our entire wedding planning process so special. We are truly grateful to have been able to spend time with you. Thank you for the million little ways you make a difference. We have learned so much.” ~ Jenn & Mike
Every wedding ceremony is unique… written with care and mindfulness… so that you and your love relationship are honorably and accurately reflected. I delight in celebrating couples with a very wide range of backgrounds, values, life philosophies and sexual orientations… using language that everyone can appreciate. Guests give incredibly glowing feedback each time I officiate.
I offer the following resources:
Resource #1 Premarital Enrichment Discussion Questions to explore on your own time. (my gift to you!)
Resource #2 Premarital enrichment discussion with me using the Enneagram Personality Model to identify your strengths and patterns. The Enneagram insights heighten understanding of yourself and your partner and is invaluable in relating.
Resource #3 I lead a Premarital Group Experience (once or twice per year) to enrich your life!
The last one was Sunday, March 8, 2020 (9:30am – 12:30) at the University Club on Summit Ave in St Paul and the fee was $50/couple. I haven’t chosen a date yet for the next one… depending on Covid 19, my wedding schedule, and couples’ interest… it may be in August or November or next March. Morning treats, fruit, coffee and tea are provided. It is a lovely venue with free parking on the street. There is limited space (6 – 12 couples), so please let me know ASAP if you are interested in participating. It is always a marvelous learning experience!
BONUS! When you spend 12 hours in premarital education before purchasing your marriage license, you earn $75 discount on it. The discussion questions are prepared by me, you provide the investment of time, energy and authentic discussion. When you complete your hours, I send you a notarized educator’s statement with which to purchase your license. I guarantee you will be glad you participated.
PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL BACKGROUND
BS (University of Texas at Austin)
MA in Theology (Fuller Theological Seminary ~ Pasadena, CA)
CPCC Certification, Life Coach (Coaches Training Institute ~ San Raphael, CA)
Certification ~ Coaching with the Enneagram (Minneapolis)
I love being the wedding officiant for couples of all backgrounds, all sexual orientations, all life philosophies. I also love my work with individuals and couples as a life coach (17 years ~ Stillwater/St Paul). I have been serving the University of MN for 10 years also… coaching their 2nd year graduate students in Health and Wellness Coaching as part of the curriculum. Previously, I managed a bookstore, designed & built homes, & had the luxury and joy of being a stay-at-home mom with my daughters (who are now adults).
My spirituality stems from my Christian upbringing, curiosity, education, relationships, the mysteries of the natural world and fascinating global travel experiences. I live consciously… learn continuously… and use lifestyle as medicine. I am profoundly grateful for life and for the opportunities each day brings. AND I would like to meet you!
TESTIMONIALS (see Wedding Wire or The KNOT for many more!)
* TWO BRIDES: Kjersti is thoughtful, reflective, and open-hearted. She crafted an amazing, artful ceremony that was clearly, truly written JUST for us. She moved both sets of our parents to tears and laughter — and our guests commented on how accurately she captured our essence as individuals and as a couple. We felt so lucky to have Kjersti as our officiant and our pre-wedding coach. We would recommend Kjersti without reservation to anyone looking for a wedding officiant! ~Austin and Kate
* BRIDE & GROOM: “Kjersti was the absolute perfect person to officiate our wedding. She has such a warm, lovely personality, she’s an excellent writer and speaker, smart and interesting, and an experienced professional. She thoroughly got to know us and created a ceremony that reflected who we are in a beautiful way. Guests at our wedding were coming up to us and our parents with comments like: it was the best ceremony I’ve ever been to, the most intellectually stimulating ceremony, the only ceremony that I’ve really learned something/taken something away for myself, etc. We of course loved it too! Kjersti’s services are about the marriage too. Her marriage enrichment activities– individually with her, at marriage enrichment day with her other couples, and at home with her written guidance– were such a wonderful thing for us to do and have helped build habits that will serve our marriage for the rest of our lives. We are so glad we found Kjersti!” ~Laura and Adam
* WEDDING GUEST: “That was sensational!!!”
* GROOM FROM BRIEF WEDDING (picture below): “I have witnessed many marriages officiated by judges and there is no comparison. Those ceremonies were not even in the same league as what we just experienced.” Elliot (and Mary)
* GRANDMOTHER OF THE BRIDE: “My husband has alzheimers and what you said spoke to me directly. Thank you so very much!”
If you want a truly memorable experience, contact us at Grand Avenue Wedding Officiants. Both of us excel at what we do and would appreciate the opportunity to meet and talk with you. Kjersti@grandofficiants.com 651.247.7866 … call, text or email… I am here for you!